Child custody help | child support help | how to win child custody cases | how to win a child custody battle | fathers rights help | family law help | child visitation help | modify child custody order | paternity help | parental custody rights | affordable attorney help | family law attorneys | lower child support
We strive to provide affordable and effective legal help to those who cannot afford, or do not want to spend, the thousands of dollars it costs to retain an attorney for most family law legal issues. Find out how we can help you resolve your family law issue today!
Terms and Conditions/Terms of Service Agreement for Legal Document Preparation and Attorney Support
Please read carefully the following terms and conditions before accessing this site and/or engaging the services of The Attorney Connection, LLC. By engaging the services of The Attorney Connection, LLC, you accept and agree to all of the terms, covenants and conditions set forth in this agreement. If you do not agree to these terms, you may not access this site or engage the services of The Attorney Connection, LLC.
By engaging The Attorney Connection's legal services, you agree that you have read, understand and agree to these terms. You also agree to review this agreement periodically to be aware of modifications to the agreement, of which The Attorney Connection may make at any time. Your continued use of this site and/or of any of the services and/or benefits offered by The Attorney Connection will be deemed your conclusive acceptance of any modified agreement.
Understanding and Acceptance of Terms of Service: Please be aware that you are agreeing to be bound by the terms of service upon engaging the services of The Attorney Connection by authorizing payment.
1. The Attorney Connection (hereinafter "we") provides legal document preparation services and attorney support for family law cases. We begin working on each customer’s case and preparing the legal documents as soon as the customer requests our services and makes an initial deposit or payment in full.
To ensure the highest quality of legal work in your legal documents, and to give you an increased chance of success, you should submit the following information to The Attorney Connection as soon as possible:
· The completed Case Intake Form;
· The most current Child Custody and/or Support Court Orders you have; and
· Any court paperwork served on you that may require a response (if applicable).
2. You are requesting legal document preparation services for a family law matter. You hereby acknowledge that you are authorizing The Attorney Connection to prepare the relevant legal documents to be with the court, and/or the appropriate government agency. You understand and agree that the fee paid for the document preparation services and attorney support includes the following: a copy of our Family Law Ebook "10 Easy Ways to Win Your Custody and Support Case and Save Money", Legal Information provided by our legal staff and through informative emails, Gathering Case Data Information, Research and Review by our legal department, Attorney phone and email support, Review and Document Preparation by an Attorney, Instructions for Filing and Service of Process, Phone & Email Support and a Telephonic Court Preparation Consultation with an experienced Family Law Attorney. If you wish to receive the benefit of an Attorney Court Preparation Consultation, you agree to schedule the date/time of the consultation in advance with one of our customer support representatives.
Unless otherwise agree upon in writing between you and The Attorney Connection, our services do not include the preparation of, or responses to, any discovery requests, as most family law cases do not require discovery to resolve the issue(s).
Washington state cases: For cases with jurisdiction in Washington state, we do not complete the financial and child support worksheet documents due to the detail and sensitive nature of the financial information involved. We will prepare all other required documents. We also will provide you with the necessary financial documents for you to complete.
Notice: Certain jurisdictions have some free family law forms available to the public. Not all jurisdictions have forms available, and jurisdictions that have forms available do not necessarily have every form available for every type of case. You hereby understand and accept that, in certain instances, The Attorney Connection may complete forms that are available to the general public because those forms may be necessary and/or the proper legal forms for your case. You understand and accept that you may be choosing to have The Attorney Connection complete forms that you may, in some instances and jurisdictions, be able to complete yourself. You also understand and accept that, in cases in which some or all of your legal documents are publicly-provided forms, your payment is going towards having them completed by an attorney and for the other services and benefits provided by The Attorney Connection, including those set forth in paragraph 18 of these terms. Therefore, our completion of any free court forms that are available to the public is deemed satisfactory completion of our professional legal document preparation services.
3. We will guarantee to correct any typographical errors that may occur in processing. You are also given an opportunity to request corrections to your legal documents. You have two options: (1) Any documents in WORD format can be changed by you. If you see any changes or corrections that need to be made, you are welcome to make those changes, as these documents are yours; or (2) You can email us with your request for corrections/changes.
If for some reason the courts want any adjustments to your documents, The Attorney Connection will give you updated documents with any required revisions at no extra charge. You must contact us immediately to receive instructions on updating the documents. If the court does not accept the documents after we have had the opportunity to revise them, submit a written verification from the court that the documents are not accepted and you may be eligible for a refund. Due to changing laws and changes to documents, this guarantee is valid for 45 days from the date of your initial payment for our services.
4. Court filing fees, if applicable, are charged by the court and are your responsibility to pay directly to the Court. Note: a court filing fee is a fee that is generally required with most actions filed with the court. This is a fee charged directly by the court to cover court costs and overhead. This fee has nothing to do with the services provided by The Attorney Connection. If available, you may be able to qualify for a fee waiver. Our fee does not include any filing fees that the court may require.
5. If your case requires the service of any court or legal documents to another party, which most cases do, you will be responsible for arranging payment and service on your own. You are responsible for locating and serving any party who needs to be served. We provide you with detailed filing and service instructions to make this process easy for you, and to save you time and money.
6. You understand that The Attorney Connection cannot guarantee any particular result, as every case depends upon many factors, including the discretion of the judge. Furthermore, it is unethical for attorneys to guarantee the outcome of any court proceeding. In addition, The Attorney Connection cannot guarantee whether a court will allow a party to appear by telephone. While most courts allow for telephonic appearances, the ultimate determination is up to the local court and/or the judge. Denial of a court to allow a telephonic appearance does not constitute a failure of The Attorney Connection of having provided its services.
7. You hereby acknowledge and understand that you will be representing yourself in court, and that no attorney-client relationship has been established between you and The Attorney Connection, or any of its attorneys or representatives. Unless otherwise set forth in writing between you and The Attorney Connection, the services provided do not include any court appearance(s) by an attorney on your behalf. You understand that it is your responsibility to appear in court for any court appearances, or make arrangements with the court for a telephonic appearance if you reside a long distance from the court location. If you wish to have an attorney appear in court with you, you must specifically request that of The Attorney Connection, pay an additional fee for the attorney court appearance, and have a written agreement signed by a managing attorney of The Attorney Connection that you qualify for an attorney court appearance. Attorney court appearances are not available in all areas. Additional fees are required if an attorney court appearance is arranged. Fees vary depending on the location of the court. If applicable, ask The Attorney Connection if an attorney is available where your case is located and the fee involved.
8. You hereby acknowledge and understand that the information contained in the prepared legal documents will be based on the information that you provide to The Attorney Connection. In addition, you hereby affirm that the information you provide is true and accurate to the best of your knowledge. As such, you hereby release The Attorney Connection, and all of its attorneys, of any liability that could occur based on the information, or lack thereof, that you provide. If, during the process, your information changes, you agree to notify The Attorney Connection as soon as possible. You have up to 7 days (or less if your case is time-sensitive) after the receipt of your documents to request changes and/or corrections. If there is any change in information or your circumstances after the documents have been completed, it will be your responsibility to update in the documents.
9. Payment Terms:
If you select the Payment Plan Option: Total: $795 - 895 for most cases. Initial deposit: minimum of $150 - 175, followed by the following payment schedule. Installment billing ends when the total fee has been paid in full.
* Payments of at least $100 per month until paid in full.
Payments will be charged to the authorized account according to the payment plan set forth above, unless otherwise agreed upon between you and The Attorney Connection. If you do not set up a payment plan with The Attorney Connection, you hereby authorize The Attorney Connection to charge $100 per month until your balance is paid in full. The Attorney Connection begins working on your case from the time of your initial deposit. Due to the immediate expenditure of attorney and legal staff time and the resources provided to new customers, all payments, except as set forth in Paragraph 13 of these terms, are non-refundable. The legal documents will not be delivered to you until the total fee is paid in full, unless otherwise agreed to in writing between you and The Attorney Connection. If, at any time, your payment information changes or you need to reschedule your payment plan, you agree to notify The Attorney Connection as soon as possible. Your failure to do so may result in a "Notice of Cancellation" as set forth in Paragraph 11 of these terms.
Payment in Full Option:
If you select the Pay in Full Option: Total: $695 - 895 for most cases. Initial deposit: pay in full at the time of initial deposit.
You hereby authorize that payment will be charged to the authorized account per your consent with The Attorney Connection, unless otherwise agreed upon in writing between you and The Attorney Connection. If you are get started with our program and you were given the "Pay in Full" discount price but you fail to pay the entire balance within 14 days, thereafter we reserve the right to charge you the "Payment Plan" price of $795-895 for most cases before your account will be considered paid in full and before we will release the legal documents to you.
If you select a different payment option other than those set forth above: Total: As agreed upon between you and The Attorney Connection. Payments will be charged to the authorized account per your consent with The Attorney Connection. Initial deposit: As agreed upon between you and The Attorney Connection. The "As agreed upon" payment option may apply when The Attorney Connection is offering special discounts for services.
Attorney Case Management & Support Fee: In addition to the payment terms set forth above, you hereby agree to pay an automatic, monthly Attorney Access, Legal Support and Case Management Fee of $9 per month (first payment charged two weeks after your start date) for attorney access, legal support and management of your case file. This fee is an automatic, recurring monthly charge that is charged to the account to which you authorized payment. This fee applies unless and until you cancel our services in writing or send a written request to The Attorney Connection stating that you no longer want to receive our support. If you cancel this legal support fee and wish to later reinstate it, there will be a $25 reinstatement fee.
10. You agree that you have paid, or will pay subject to the terms set forth above in Paragraph #9, The Attorney Connection to prepare legal documents for you to file with the court and any other services or benefits set forth in this agreement. If you need to change the terms of your payment plan or payment schedule, you agree to notify The Attorney Connection at least 48 hours before your next scheduled payment. If you fail to give proper notice and the scheduled payment is processed, The Attorney Connection reserves the right to charge a $25 processing fee to your method of payment if you request that the transaction be voided or refunded.
11. Late, missed or declined payments. If (1) you miss two or more consecutive scheduled payments, including but not limited to "declined" transactions, or (2) if your scheduled payment is more than 14 days past due, or (3) if are on a payment plan and you go at least 40 days without making any payment, The Attorney Connection reserves the right to cancel its services at any time thereafter, unless and until you successfully resume payments prior to a "Notice of Cancellation" emailed to you by The Attorney Connection. If we cancel our services due to nonpayment, you will be charged a $25 cancellation fee. If payment is not made in full, The Attorney Connection reserves the right not to send you the legal documents unless and until payment in full has been received by The Attorney Connection. Any fees paid by you are for the legal work and support provided by The Attorney Connection.
Late Payments: If any scheduled payment is more than 14 days past due, in addition to the payment owed, we reserve the right to charge a $25 late fee.
Declined Payments: The Attorney Connection reserves the right to charge a $10 processing fee for any scheduled payment attempt that is declined by the Authorize.net payment processing system. "Scheduled payment" refers to the payment schedule set forth for the customer in the customer's Clio Connect Case Management profile, which is shared and accessible to the customer.
12. If you fail to produce the required documents requested in Paragraph 1 of these Terms of Service Agreement within 30 days of your initial payment for our services, The Attorney Connection reserves the right to complete the requested documents based upon the information, or lack thereof, that you provided to The Attorney Connection. Any incompleteness in the legal documents prepared by The Attorney Connection, due to the lack of requested information provided by you, shall not constitute a failure of The Attorney Connection to provide the services requested and will not warrant a refund. You understand and agree that the quality and completeness of your legal documents is mainly contingent upon your cooperation in providing the information and/or documentation requested by The Attorney Connection.
13. Refund Policy: The Attorney Connection begins working on your case as soon as you authorize payment to get started. In addition, valuable resources are provided to new customers upon the engagement of the legal services of The Attorney Connection. Therefore, all payments are non-refundable once the Case Intake Form has been sent to you (by any means, including but not limited to email, mail, fax or uploaded in the ClioConnect case management system) due to the processing charges incurred, the initial case set up, and the initial attorney review of your case. Payments beyond the initial deposit are also non-refundable, as the payments made are for the time, research and legal work done by attorneys and legal personnel, as well as some or all of the additional benefits that customers receive, as set forth below in Paragraph 18. In order to request an exception to the no refund policy, the proper form must be completed and submitted to The Attorney Connection. The form is available by clicking here (paragraph 13).
Cancellation Policy: In order to cancel services with The Attorney Connection, customer must submit an email to email@example.com stating the following: (1) the name of the customer; (2) "cancel services"; and (3) the reason for the cancellation.
Early Cancellation- If you request to cancel our services prior to making payment in full, you hereby authorize and agree that The Attorney Connection may charge you a $49 cancellation fee.
Chargeback Attempts: If you request a chargeback and/or refund from the issuing bank of the credit, debit or prepaid card from which you made payment(s) and the chargeback gets reversed, in favor of The Attorney Connection, you understand, acknowledge and agree that you may be liable to The Attorney Connection for an additional $150 fee for our attorney's fees for responding to your unsuccessful chargeback request.
14. After your initial payment, as part of our services you also receive a copy of our new family law Ebook, 10 Easy Ways to Win Your Custody & Support Case and Save Money! This ebook is valued at $57.
15. Terms of Attorney Support:
The Attorney Connection reserves the right to no longer provide attorney phone and email support after one month has expired from the initial date you started with our services (the date of your initial deposit) or if you do not pay the monthly Attorney Case Management fee of $5/month, whichever occurs later. Your start date is the date of your first payment to The Attorney Connection. Continued phone and email support beyond this period may require an additional fee to be paid.
16. We reserve the right to change the Terms of Service at any time. We may revise these Terms from time to time and the most current version will always be posted on our website, so please check this page regularly. By continuing to access or use the services after revisions become effective, or by failing to cancel our services in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org, you agree to be bound by the revised Terms.
17. The applicable law to resolve any disputes under these terms of service shall be California, and venue for any legal disputes shall be in Douglas County, Colorado. Furthermore, the parties to this agreement hereby waive the right to sue in any court of law, and agree that any unresolved disputes may be resolved through mediation, followed by arbitration if necessary. The party who requests the mediation and/or arbitration shall be responsible for all costs associated with the applicable dispute resolution. In addition, the prevailing party may be awarded reasonable attorneys fees.
18. Delivery: Upon your payment in full and your submission to The Attorney Connection of your completed case intake form and the relevant court order(s) for your case, within 20 days of the date of whichever of the aforementioned occurs last, the legal documents will be delivered to you via email, to the email address you provided to The Attorney Connection. If you fail to provide the required documents requested in Paragraph 1 of these Terms of Service, this can cause an indefinite delay in completion of your legal documents and the release of the legal documents to you by The Attorney Connection. Any delay resulting from your failure to provide the required documents requested in Paragraph 1 of these Terms of Service shall not constitute a failure of The Attorney Connection to provide the services requested and will will not warrant a refund.
If you would like the legal documents mailed to you, you must email a written request for mail delivery to email@example.com.
Request for Revisions: You have 14 days from the date the documents are emailed to you to request any corrections/revisions. After that time, the legal documents will be deemed to have met with your approval. CLICK HERE for Request for Revisions Form.
19. Complaints and Chargebacks.A Note on Chargebacks and Fraudulent Transactions:
All chargebacks are thoroughly investigated and may add you to a blacklist with our processor which will complicate future online purchases. Denying a purchase that you have made is illegal and will result in an investigation which can lead to heavy fines or other legal action toward you. Your credit rating can be affected by false claims of fraud. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us to clarify the matter.
A Note on Complaints to the BBB or other Online Review forums:
All complaints are thoroughly investigated and, if found to contain any fabrication, falsity, fraudulent claims, embellishment and/or negative misrepresentations, may result in a suit of intentional interference with prospective business advantage against the party making the complaint when it is shown that the complaint disrupted the profitable business relationships of The Attorney Connection. Under this law protects business relationships from outside disruption by a third party. This means that the injured party (The Attorney Connection) does not need to show an actual economic benefit in the business relationship. The injured party need only show that the economic advantage to the business relationship was reasonably probable.
Terms and Conditions Accepted:
By authorizing payment, you hereby acknowledge that you are authorizing The Attorney Connection to prepare legal documents that you file with the court. You understand and agree that the fee paid for the document preparation services includes the following: a copy of our Family Law Ebook, Legal Information, Gathering Case Data Information, Research and Review by our legal department, Attorney phone and email support, Review and Document Preparation by an Attorney, Instructions for Filing and Service of Process, Phone & Email Support and a Telephonic Court Preparation Consultation with an experienced Family Law Attorney.
Notice and acceptance of refund policy: payments are non-refundable, as the payments made are for the time, research and legal work done by attorneys and legal personnel, as well as the additional legal resources provided to the customer.
WAIVER- PROOF OF DISPATCH OF THE MERCHANDISE AND/OR SERVICES (VIA EMAIL, MAIL OR FAX) TO THE CUSTOMER WILL BIND THE CARDHOLDER.
□ I agree to the terms of service. CLICK HERE
Terms of Service last updated July, 2015.
Call for a Free Case Evaluation: (888) 257-0095